It is the practice of collecting, analyzing and reporting on digital information in a way that is legally admissible. Computer forensics is used in the detection and prevention of crime and in any dispute where evidence is stored digitally. It follows a similar process to other forensic disciplines and faces similar issues that may include among others:
- Securing the subject system,
- Producing a copy of the hard drive,
- Identification and recovery of all files,
- Inspecting residue on the drive for previously deleted files,
- Investigation of data from applications or programs.
At CBPI, we offer this service to all individuals in need of technical forensic expertise such as PI, corporations, attorneys, etc. these services include:
- Digital investigations,
- Data recovery,
- Expert witness testimony in court,
- Retrieval of lost data from damaged or corrupted storage media,
- Password recovery,
- Litigation support,
- On-site acquisition.